Power Supply Industry News
Knowledge is Power ™
SMPS Design Tools
Electrical Engineer Hardware - Northrop Grumman, Cary, NC
Northrop Grumman Mission Systems is seeking a Digital Electrical Engineer for our Morrisville, NC office. The qualifying candidate will be experienced in FPGA or ASIC architecture, design and verification including VHDL/Verilog , integration of 3rd intellectual property, Self checking Test Bench development, debug/test of prototype hardware. Documentation for requirements, specifications, trade studies, test procedures, worst case timing analysis, ICDs, design reviews etc. will be developed. Development tools of choice include but not limited to Xilinx ISE or Vivado. Candidate will be working hands on with hardware and software developers to create leading edge signal processing algorithms for deployment by our customers.
BS degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering with at least 5 years of relevant experience with emphasis on digital hardware design
- 5 years digital design experience including development of components, subassemblies, FPGAs
- Must have the ability to document and publish designs and results
- Fluent in VHDL (C++ a plus) experiences
- Execution of industry best practices for development and test of FPGA source code, including verification methodologies that utilize significant randomization and self-checking strategies.
- U.S. Citizenship required. Must have the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance.
- TS/SCI clearance
- Install and validate the embedded microBlaze development kit
- Creating the Board Support Package for profiling algorithm performance
- Ability to evaluate the subcontractor's hardware platform and plan out the verification environment
- Verification strategy architecture and planning of environments, test cases, coverage
- Experience developing ASICs and/or System on Chip
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
More info clicks
Power Supply Industry News, online since 2002.
SMPS Power Supplies
™. All rights reserved.