Power Supply Industry News
Knowledge is Power ™
SMPS Design Tools
Analog Design Engineer Principal - Intersil, Cary, NC
Intersil Corporation is seeking an experienced power management Principal IC Designer to join its RTP, NC automotive power management design team. The ideal candidate must have a proven track record of designing mixed-signal power management ICs and participating in small design teams. This team will be asked to design innovative, high performance, highly profitable products targeted toward automotive power management markets. Integrated circuits designed in this group will include state of the art ultra low quiescent current 60V to 100V DC-DC switching converters, LDO's, and multi-function power management circuits.
- Participate in product definition working with marketing, applications, and customers.
- Apply your in-depth understanding of power process technologies, both existing and those under development, to design innovative power management products.
- Transistor level design of mixed-signal circuits for new and derivative power management products.
- Responsibility for managing program to achieve schedule objectives.
- Validation and debugging the products before transferring to production engineering.
- Interface with process, test, product, application, and marketing managers and engineers to successfully bring new products from initial concept through release to production.
-Thorough understanding of integrated analog circuit design.
-Thorough understanding of bipolar, BiCMOS, and BCD process technologies and circuit design techniques.
-Thorough understanding of large power transistor (bipolar and DMOS) design, layout and robustness.
-Thorough understanding of various switch-mode power conversion topologies (BOOST & BUCK, various control methods).
-Experience with behavioral top level modeling and mixed signal verification methodology.
-Experience with analog/digital interfaces and digital buses.
-Experience with automotive power management products highly desirable
-Experience with gate driver techniques
-Understanding of control systems.
-Highly self motivated and adaptable.
-MSEE with 12+ years (or BSEE with 14+ years) of relevant industry experience with a strong background in analog design and a proven record of successfully released Power Management products.
More info clicks
Power Supply Industry News, online since 2002.
SMPS Power Supplies
™. All rights reserved.